Game made for Ludum Dare 30, 72 hours gamejam. Premise: fly with a spaceship to catch items and deliver them to waiting aliens!
My vision for the game was to make a game where some kind of living ecosystem develops with the player actions. I wanted to present state of this ecosystem visually. I think that we achieved this, because:
– on those planets while the game-progress you can see more and more aliens;
– players start with just one inhabited planet. If they make aliens happy then new aliens will appear on another planet and so on;
– if too many goods are flying in space undelivered they turn into space-trash which can destroy player’s ship.
I think that in 72 hours we made an attractive audio-visually game with interesting emergent gameplay. In this project I’m most proud about design of game system and Project Management / Creative Direction I had on two other people: graphic artist and audio artist.
If I would change one thing in the game this would be: game controls. Game was too big for its development timeframe to polish everything. I used modified template control-scheme from Construct 2. Now after players feedback I know that controls aren’t as intuitive as they should be.
Thanks to my cool team-mates and amazing artists:
– Agnieszka Miroslaw – graphic artist (http://irulana.deviantart.com/);
– Guney Ozsan – audio artist (http://guneyozsan.com/).